About the TFSC
The Wally Cordes Teaching and Faculty Support Center is an interactive resource for faculty, instructors and graduate teaching assistants who strive to enhance teaching and learning.
Directed by U of A faculty, TFSC invests in faculty excellence, promotes innovation in teaching and learning, and advances student success. The center, established in 1992, provides programs, symposiums, teaching camps and grants for new and not-so-new faculty and teachers. TFSC also supports faculty scholarship and assists departments in improving learning and teaching.
Three co-directors provide leadership for the center. Each co-director serves a three-year term, which means new co-director rotates into TFSC each year.
Serving TFSC 2015-2018
Serving TFSC 2016-2019
Special Events Manager
"He developed a reputation as one of the most outstanding teachers ever that called the U of A his home."
- Chemistry professor Bill Durham, 2014
"He has amazed, interested and excited literally thousands of students."
- Provost Bob Smith, 2002
Dr. Wally Cordes
- Lorraine Brewer (2016-2017)
- John Pijanowski (2013-2016)
- Linda Myers (2015-2016)
- Mark Boyer (2014-2015)
- Jeannie Whayne (2012-2015)
- Inza Fort( 2012-2013**, 2003-2006)
- Norm Dennis (2010-2012**)
- Marianne Neighbors (2009-2012)
- Janine Parry (2008-2011)
- Charles Rosenkrans (2007-2010)
- Cheryl Murphy (2006-2009)
- Neil Allison (2005-2008)
- David Longer (2004-2007)
- Daniel Levine (2002-2005)
- Jim Turpin (2002-2004)
- Deborah Thomas (2001-2003)
- David Gay (1999-2002)
- Richard Lee (1999-2000*)
- Barbara Shadden (1997-2000)
- Craig Beyrouty (1996-1999)
- Tom McKinnon (1994-1998)
- Ro DiBrezzo (1992-1997)
- Wally Cordes (1992-1995, *2000-2001)
- Paul Cronan (1992-1994, 2011-2014)
To create and enhance a community committed to promoting the best practices of teaching and learning.
To provide innovative and engaging programs and resources for our faculty that will promote excellence and will enrich academic programs and learning experiences on our campus.
Wally Cordes Teaching and Faculty Support Center
University of Arkansas
146 N. Harmon Ave.
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701