The specific resources and support we need are often based on our teaching experience, how new we are to a specific institution, or whether we are embarking on a new method of teaching. The resources and links below, while not exhaustive, are designed to provide multiple paths toward the goal of effective, engaging, and enriching teaching.
For teaching innovation and pedagogical support (TIPS), visit us at tips.uark.edu. Below are resources to answer some common questions.
- What should be on my syllabus?
- How do I write learning objectives for my course?
- What is course design?
- When and how do I make sure students are learning?
- How do I plan for each class?
- Is there a methodology for improving my course?
- What is Bloom’s Taxonomy?
- How do I align my learning objectives, my teaching content, and my assessments?
University of Arkansas Resources
For questions about policies, procedures, and teaching support at the University of Arkansas, the resources below are a good starting place.
- A to Z List
- Academic Policies
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic Semester Calendar
- Academic Support Programs for Students
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Lunch Series
- New Faculty Orientation
- Teaching Innovation and Pedagogical Support (TIPS)
- University Libraries
The TFSC has regularly scheduled programs throughout the year. Browse the event summaries on the TIPS site.